for every note this gets i will message you telling you what Disney character i think you would be corresponding to your blog
i will do this no matter how long it takes!!
Captain’s Log: You fucking perfect human being.
I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT MY FEELINGS ARE DOING RIGHT NOW TO BE HONEST.
THE SHEER LOVE AND RESPECT AND ADMIRATION I FEEL FOR THIS MAN ARE INFINITE.
I LOVE ALL OF YOU SO VERY DAMN MUCH
But it’s not always…
and you just need to let yourself cry.
sherlock and jawn
Captain’s Log: John’s just putting up with your shit.
Sherlock AU: Femlock/Molrenelock (is that a thing? It is now) with Lara Pulver as Sherlock Holmes, Louise Brealey as Joan Watson.
Episode 1: “A Study in Pink”
NEW FAVOURITE THING EVER.
OMG THE SECOND ONE
JUST FALLS OUT THE WINDOW LOL
here’s a list of interesting~ (in my opinion) wiki/cracked articles (mostly cracked) made rebloggable because vivian said i should so ok
- list of common misconceptions
- list of people who disappeared mysteriously
- urban legends (this one has a bunch of subcategories so it should be able to keep you busy for a while)
- list of unusual deaths
- list of inventors that were killed by their own inventions
- the 5 creepiest unsolved crimes that nobody can explain
- the 5 creepiest disappearances that nobody can explain
- 7 movies that put insane detail into stuff you never noticed
- 5 terrifying things found in the place you’d least expect
- the 6 creepiest places on earth (i think there’s a part 2 of this article that can probably be found in the related links if you’re so inclined~)
- 6 true stories about disneyland they don’t want you to know
- 6 real islands way more terrifying than the one on lost
- 6 most creative abuses of loopholes
- 6 crackpot conspiracy theories (that actually happened)
- 7 terrifying creatures you’ll never see coming (THIS ONE MADE ME REALLY PARANOID OMG. there’s also one that’s titled something like “deadly animals that can fit inside your shoe or something” but i can’t find it at the moment D:)
- the creepy scientific explanation behind ghost sightings (one of my faves)
- 5 most spectacular landscapes on earth (that murder you)
- 5 absurd but mind-blowing pop culture conspiracy theories
- 7 horrifying moments from classic kids movies
- 8 classic movies that got away with gaping plot holes
- 7 basic things you won’t believe you’re all doing wrong
- 6 famous unsolved mysteries (that have totally been solved)
- 6 adorable cat behaviors with shockingly evil explanations
Last week, Paul Ryan gave an interview in which, defending his position that there should be no excuses for abortion, he referred to rape as a “method of conception.”
Wow, right? Talk about a benign euphemism. Rape —RAPE! — is now a “method of conception.” You know, like love-making, just without the love.
There could be no greater testament to the utter abdication of responsibility by what passes for a “news” media in America in 2012 than that, despite the grotesquerie of this cavalierly callous comment, chances are better than good that this is the first you’re hearing of it.
Here, watch it — and try to figure out why this has gotten NO MAINSTREAM MEDIA play (not even here at the Huffington Post) despite it being, to my mind, a far more offensive remark than Todd Akin’s imbecilic blurt of last weekend. What, are we tired of stupid remarks about rape now, so Ryan gets a free pass?
Given the demands for Akin’s resignation from a mere Senate race when his musings on “legitimate rape” were publicized, what do you imagine the reaction would be if people were as familiar with VP wannabe Ryan’s stunning statement? Might there be a cacophony of outrage? Might there be calls for his resignation from the ticket? Might there be a focus on how fundamentally oblivious these people who would make our laws are to not just women’s but humans’ rights and dignity? Sure, there might, but then of course people would have to have heard about it.
According to the man who would be the proverbial heartbeat away from the White House, and who in any event would — given Romney’s utter hollowness — have an inordinate influence on the judicial appointments that will determine how much freedom our children get to live under, RAPE = “METHOD OF CONCEPTION.” And yet, unless you’re a frequenter of one of a dozen or so lefty blogs — or my friend on Facebook — you probably knew nothing about it.
I truly despair for the country my 14-year-old daughter is inheriting. That a remark this intensely revealing of the danger posed by this ticket can go basically unreported is as nauseating to me as the quote itself.